Taking a piece of each destination with you
Deeper travel is connecting and learning from each place, feeling a part of it, and bringing a piece with you. Here’s a mini recap of some favorite memories and takeaways from my top Latin American countries visited so far.
- Favorite locations– Antigua, Lake Atitlán
- Favorite memory– Spanish school and two weeks living with a local family on Lake Atitlán
- Top adventures– Volcán Actenango, Semuc Champey
- Takeaway- Falling in love with solo travel.
- Favorite locations- Medellin, Cartagena, Salento, Guatape
- Favorite memories- The kindness of locals and my first taste of salsa dancing 💃🏽
- Top adventures- Comuna 13 graffiti tour, Salento coffee plantation tours, Cocora Valley, Tayrona National Park, Rosario Islands
- Takeaway- The realization that I wanted to move life abroad.
- Favorite locations- The Salt Flats
- Favorite memories- Local salsa classes 💃🏽
- Top Adventures– 3-day tour through the Salt Flats to Chile (top favorites), biking death road
- Takeaway-First place traveled as a digital nomad and learning how to balance work/travel.
- Favorite locations- Buenos Aires, Patagiona (top favorite), Mendoza
- Favorite memories– Moving abroad and settling in, working in a local office, kiss on the cheek greeting, asados, parrilla, and café culture
- Top adventures- Patagonia/the Wtrek, Mendoza, Iguazu Falls
- Favorite slang- Que copada, que bárbaro, buena onda, che, tranqui, RE
- Takeaway- Moving life abroad to Buenos Aires solo, finding a home away from home, community and growth beyond words.
- Favorite locations- San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico City, Bacalar, Oaxaca
- Favorite memories– Salsa/the dance scene/community, Día de Los Muertos in Oaxaca, temezcals and local healing practices, and tacos, tacos and more tacos
- Top adventures– Hot air ballons over Teotihuacán, cenote jumps and exploring pueblos mágicos
- Favorite slang- Que chido, que padre, no mames
- Takeaway- Inner journey, deep healing and a new level of love for salsa/bachata dancing.💃🏽
- Favorite locations- Cusco, The Sacred Valley
- Favorite memories- Rainbow Mountain, exploring more of the Sacred Valley
- Top adventures- Huacachina, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu
- Favorite slang- Chévere, bacán, habla
- Takeaway- To be determined.
𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘭 𝘋𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘳 💫